Small Lot Home in Edge Hill
The trend toward buying subdivided residential land has never been more popular. Larger residential blocks can be halved, often offering allotment sizes larger than what is found in new residential developments. The solution to building on these lots is to custom design a home. This means a home can be designed specifically for the lot.
Once upon a time, custom designed houses were only available if you engaged an architect first, and then presented your plans to a builder. But now, house designers and builders work closely together, bouncing ideas off each other during the concept design phase, to ensure your plans meet your budget.
This beautiful, modern entertainer was designed for a young family after they purchased a 636m2 battle-axe block of land in Edge Hill, Cairns. Working closely with the owners we custom designed this gorgeous two storey, four bedroom home.
With a building footprint of 185m2 & total floor floor area of just over 233m2, the home makes the best use of the available land & leaves plenty of space for a pool and yard.
Considerations during the build were given to the north facing aspect. It was important to utilise every feature of the location & incorporate design elements which enhanced the indoor/outdoor relationship.
The kitchen, living & dining are located in the centre of the home and are framed by 2.1meter floor to ceiling bi-fold doors and windows. When open, the rooms flow on to the deck, an feature essential to tropical living.
The home has three bedrooms at one end and a parents resort style retreat at the other. The master bedroom boasts walk in robe and massive ensuite with double vanity.
- Open plan living with 2.1m high doors leading to the deck
- Light, airy and spacious
- Family-friendly floor plan: central living space flanked by bedrooms
- Loose lay vinyl planking throughout
- Solid timber staircase
- Resort style master bedroom with ensuite and walk-in robe. Sliding doors to front deck
- Generous size bedrooms with built in robes
- Traditional features: dado rails, tongue and groove timber flooring
- Essastone benchtops with massive walk-in pantry
- Exterior cladding Hardies Prime line Newport weatherboard
- Kwila timber decking and handrails on the deck
- Timber entrance decking with feature pond
- Large, undercover area beneath home perfect for tropical living
- Post War Cottage RenovationThis great little cottage was tranformed in a recent renovation into a perfect inner city home.Beautifully Renovated QueenslanderThere’s nothing more satisfying than seeing a home owner’s renovation vision come to life. The renovation of this Queenslander home in Cairns was one of those moments.1980’s Home MakeoverThere's a story to this picture and it begins with a burst pipe in the kitchen and ends with a total home makeover.Babinda Belle: History in the MakingDiscover how a Replica Queenlander blends the best of traditional design and modern building practices to create the 'Babinda Belle'.A Serial Renovator’s DreamThis 1950's home was a 'Renovator's Dream' with all the original finishes.Custom Designed Home – Case StudyNestled into the rainforest is this brand new custom designed home, designed to take advantage of the gorgeous location. It seamlessly blends polished concrete, cladding and timber to harmonise with it’s tropical surrounds.Balinese Inspired Pavilion HomeThe Peak is a contemporary, pavilion styled home with Balinese influences that perfectly suits our tropical North Queensland climate. With five pavilions, linked together by a central breezeway and lush landscaping, you can’t help but feel like you’re on holiday as you take in the infinity pool and spectacular city views. This home was custom designed specifically for the owners.New Home – Tropical Home RangeCairnsAs a Cairns builder offering renovation and extensions, this house allowed us to show our skill blending modern finishes into the original character of the home. With careful recycling, restoring and matching to existing finishes, we turned this date house into a contemporary family home