Award Winning Home
Without a doubt, this project is one of our favourites. The client’s came to us with the idea of building a shed and using an old bridge that they had been given. The result is a low maintenance, sustainable home that has as much charector as it’s owners.
The construction of this home was a work of craftsmanship. The inclusion of recycled timber pylons from the local Walsh River Bridge became the design feature.
This beautifully aged, rustic timber were joined by new ‘aged’ iron to create roof beams, trusses and fascias. Where possible, the original bridge bolts were extracted and reused.
This home was awarded QLD Sustainable House of the Year by Qld Master Builders. The features contributing to the award included
- 10 Star Energy Rating
- The use of recycled products
- Accessibility to showers, corridors etc which won’t need upgrading as the owners age
- A north facing aspect to to minimise heat from the east & west
- High rated insulation to the roof and walls to minimise heat throughout the home
- Inclusion or rainwater tanks & low water efficient taps, showers & toilets
- The inclusion of energy efficient appliances
- Post War Cottage RenovationThis great little cottage was tranformed in a recent renovation into a perfect inner city home.Beautifully Renovated QueenslanderThere’s nothing more satisfying than seeing a home owner’s renovation vision come to life. The renovation of this Queenslander home in Cairns was one of those moments.Small Lot Home in Edge HillThese home owners bought a subdivided block and built their dream house.1980’s Home MakeoverThere's a story to this picture and it begins with a burst pipe in the kitchen and ends with a total home makeover.Babinda Belle: History in the MakingDiscover how a Replica Queenlander blends the best of traditional design and modern building practices to create the 'Babinda Belle'.A Serial Renovator’s DreamThis 1950's home was a 'Renovator's Dream' with all the original finishes.Custom Designed Home – Case StudyNestled into the rainforest is this brand new custom designed home, designed to take advantage of the gorgeous location. It seamlessly blends polished concrete, cladding and timber to harmonise with it’s tropical surrounds.Balinese Inspired Pavilion HomeThe Peak is a contemporary, pavilion styled home with Balinese influences that perfectly suits our tropical North Queensland climate. With five pavilions, linked together by a central breezeway and lush landscaping, you can’t help but feel like you’re on holiday as you take in the infinity pool and spectacular city views. This home was custom designed specifically for the owners.